Refrigeration/HVAC TechnicianLOCATION: Orlando, FL
JOB TYPE: Full Time
OPENING DATE: 2017/03/24
CLOSING DATE: 2017/04/17
JOB TITLE: Technician, Refrigeration
REPORTS TO: Territory Service Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Region 1400 – Florida (Orlando, FL)
NOTICE NUMBER: RT-HAD
OPENING DATE: 03/23/17
CLOSING DATE: 04/17/17
Responsible for the installation, service, maintenance, and repair of commercial air conditioning and refrigeration equipment through regular and timely service calls to Circle K convenience store locations.
· Maintains working climate by installing, repairing, and servicing Refrigeration, and air conditioning systems.
· Keeps equipment, systems, and building ready for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; restoring repairing faulty or inoperative Refrigeration & HVAC systems and associated equipment.
· Ability to diagnose electrical problems both inside and outside of equipment
· Working knowledge of how to replace any parts of the seal system of a Refrigeration or HVAC unit.
· Ability to weld and solder copper and steel tubing.
· Complies with local, state, and federal codes and standards by directing and monitoring the work of vendors, contractors, inspecting Refrigeration & HVAC systems, and equipment.
· Implements changes, expansions and additions to Refrigeration & HVAC systems by identifying problems; keeping abreast of new developments; using statistics and equipment history reports.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
· Maintains safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Maintains Refrigeration & HVAC maintenance parts and equipment inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed parts and equipment; placing and expediting orders for parts and equipment; verifying receipt of parts and equipment.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· High school diploma
· Requires 1- 2 years’ experience, light commercial Refrigeration & HVAC
· Must be EPA Certified in refrigerant recovery
· Must have the manual dexterity to operate equipment, work in confined spaces, ability to use hand/electric cart, ability to use power and hand tools, requires crouching and/or crawling, and ability to use a ladder.
· Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs.
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple changing priorities and ability to work independently.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and must be insurable as a driver. Requires driving a company vehicle to different store locations throughout the division, which include, but are not limited to, the geographic area(s) listed above.
Job duties may change with or without advance notice.