Construction ManagerLOCATION: Cary, NC
JOB TYPE: Full-time
OPENING DATE: 2016/11/17
CLOSING DATE: 2017/02/01
JOB TITLE: Construction Manager
LOCATION: Cary, NC
REPORTS TO: Director of Facilities, South Atlantic
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
NOTICE NUMBER: CM-STE1117
OPENING DATE: November 17, 2016
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Plans, initiates, manages, and completes construction projects and other large capital projects by reviewing design/facility layouts, estimating projects, bidding and negotiating costs, selecting approved contractors, and managing budgets. Manages start to finish construction projects of new to industry store locations. Manages construction projects, lead, and train other Circle K Construction & Facilities team members.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a coordinator or project management role.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a building construction in a retail environment.
• Management experience in leading and directing capital design and construction initiatives.
• Gasoline experience or retail construction preferred.
• Prior experience managing people.
• Must be able to travel, on short notice or extended periods.
• Must be computer literate.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills needed.
• Customer service and detailed oriented.
• Plans construction requirements by deploying company resources, resolving development issues, planning, monitoring and appraising critical path results, and coordinating development information.
• Meets construction schedules by hiring, orienting, and managing general contractors and sub-contractors, verifying work in progress, r esolving problems, and reporting progress.
• Achieves financial objectives by negotiating contractor rates, anticipating requirements, and submitting information for budget preparation, scheduling expenditures, monitoring costs, and analyzing variances, writing purchase orders, reviewing and approving invoices.
• Fulfills contract requirements by completing pre-construction and closing inspections including a detailed punch-list at completion of projects.
• Complies with legal and company requirements by enforcing building codes, following company systems, policies and procedures, maintaining safe and healthy work practices, and monitoring inspections.
• Improves efficiency of Construction process, by evaluating engineering system results, recommending new systems, policies, and procedures, recommending and implementing revisions.
• Maintains continuity among corporate, division and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
• Increases departmental employee’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, communicating job expectations, assessing values, strategies, and objectives. Coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees when necessary. Plan, monitor and appraise job results and foster a climate conducive for offering information and opinions.
• Completes operational requirements by developing schedules, assigning and monitoring work, and gathering resources, implementing productivity standards, resolving problems, implementing and enforcing new procedures.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing all other related results as needed.
• Seeks continual efficiencies within the area of facility maintenance to include ongoing evaluation of long-term strategies.
Job duties may change with or without advance notice.
PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR SUPERVISOR OF YOUR INTENT TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION BY OBTAINING HIS/HER SIGNATURE ON THE INTERNAL POSTING APPLICATION FORM. AFTER APPROVAL SEND THE SIGNED FORM & RESUME TO:
Director of Facilities
Circle K Stores, Inc.
305 Gregson Drive
Cary, NC 27511